- About Us
- Get Involved
- Notice Board
- Sister Concern
Web Contents are like holding a dove in your hand. Squeeze too hard and you kill it, not hard enough and it flies away. Make a nice grip when you're uploading/updating anything ...
Hope You'll Enjoy !
|Eco-Social Development Organization (ESDO)|
|We Seek an Equitable Society free from all Discriminations|
Development Partner: Embassy of Japan in Bangladesh & ESDO Micro Finance Program
Working Area: Thakurgaon & Panchagarh district. Total Budget: BDT. 65,90,156.00
Budget of reporting period: BDT. 54,71,032.00
Number of Participants: Open, Project Duration: April 2013 to till now
ESDO Shishu (Child) hospital establishment at Thakurgaon created a new and innovative initiative for the poor community of Thakurgaon district where they can get health services at area with minimum charge now. There is a well equipped OT and Quality Pathological services. Poor and Marginalized community has health card so that they can get service in a full year. There are experienced medical officer, specialized doctor, paramedic and nurses who are very much committed to provide health services. There is health camp in the grass root area for awareness campaign and ambulance services to help the patient. Now this institution is a popular hospital, especially for the vulnerable and extreme marginalized community people. Day by day the patient flows are increasing and people are getting better serviced.
• Reducing child mortality rate in Thakurgaon and Panchagarh district and its adjacent districts.
• Improving existing scenario of child health through service delivery within the proposed working area.
• Improving mass awareness regarding child disease.
• Improve Neonatal and Child Health Services and Ensure Quality Neonatal Care, particularly among the Poor household specially Dalits and Indigenous community child of Thakurgaon and Panchagarh District.
Major Success / Achievements:
• Infant mortality rate are reducing gradually at the catchment area due to health service provided by the hospital;
• Maternal mortality ratio is also reducing in this area for ensuring institutional delivery which will contribute the positive impact on mortality national ratio. Community Health Volunteer are involved in community campaign with active participation mother group for popularization in institutional delivery and MNH health services under SHISHU hospital;
• The poor people are affording the necessary health service from this hospital in minimum cost for issuing health card;
• This hospital has created an enabling environment for the poor people to get best service at their doorsteps;
• Community people are aware importance of Child health care and they consider shishu hospital as their reliable health service center;
• Accessibility of Marginalized people including Dalits and Indigenous community and extreme poor, vulnerable population has significantly increased;
• Awareness among the mass people regarding child disease gradually improving;
• Improved situation of Neonatal and Child Health Services for poor people especially the Dalits and Ethnic Minority people of Thakurgaon and Panchagarh district;
• Ensure Quality Neonatal Care ensured for poor households specially the Dalits and Ethnic Minority people.
• This hospital has created an enabling environment for the poor people to get better service at their doorsteps.
• Community people are becoming aware on importance of Child health care and they consider SHISHU hospital as their reliable health service center now.
• Accessibility of Marginalized people, including Dalits and Indigenous community and extreme poor, vulnerable population is increasing.
• Awareness among the mass people is gradually improving regarding child disease.
• Gradually improving the situation regarding Neonatal and Child Health Services
• Ensure Quality Neonatal Care, particularly among the Poor household specially Dalits and Indigenous community child of Thakurgaon and Panchagarh and Dinajpur District.